Coconut Crab Curry
Yummy and creamy, the flavour is all in the sauce!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Category: Sea Food
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Mozambican / Indian / Portuguese / African
- 2kg mud crab, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp concentrated tomato paste
- 3 tbsp Belicious Masala – heat of choice
- 1 small can coconut milk
- 1 small glass of dairy milk
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 4 cloves of garlic
- A small bulb of fresh ginger, peeled – grate some ginger for the sauté, and cut some in long slivers for the garnish.
- One bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Sauté onion, garlic and ginger gratings in olive oil until brown.
- Add crab.
- Add a few drops of water, salt and pepper to taste and reduce heat. Let it simmer until it starts changing colour (around 2 min)
- I’m a separate jar, add Belicious masala, coconut milk and dairy milk, tomato paste and corn flour. Place jar lid and shake until all blended.
- Pour mix over the crab. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low.
- Let it cook for 10 min or until done, stirring occasionally. If it starts to thicken too much, add more milk, not water.
- Remove from heat. Add chopped fresh coriander and chopped fresh ginger slivers to garnish. This adds a lot of flavour to the dish.
- Serve with white fluffy rice
- Serving Size: Serves 4
Keywords: Crab curry; chilli crab