Finding the perfect curry to cook when you are a Vegetarian can be a little overwhelming. So many options to choose from and so hard to make the decision! We have made is super simple with our Delicious Crispy Potato and Chickpea Curry.
Why do we think it’s the best? Because it’s incredibly filling despite the minimal ingredients and it is a burst of flavour with every mouthful thanks to our delicious Belicious Masala Spice! If you aren’t vegetarian or Vegan and you are having friends over that are then It’s the perfect dish to impress! Its nutritious burst with the chickpeas and the crunch of the potatoes are the perfect combination of surprise! You can serve it up on it’s own or you can add a side of rice. Our favourite way to serve it is with a side of Garlic Naan. Because lets be honest, who doesn’t love Naan!
So lets take a look at what you need to get started..
- 1 tbsp Belicious Masala
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 Cup Tomato Paste
- 8 Small Potatoes, Cut in quaters unpeeled
- 1 can (400g) Chickpeas, Water Drained
- Garlic Naan , To serve
Now the fun begins!
- Boil Potatoes until soft, drain water
- In a pan, heat up 2 spoons of oil and shallow fry the potatoes, turning them until all sides are crispy. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute’ the onion with 2 spoons of oil until soft and brown
- Add Belicious Masala, tomatoe paste and a cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the potatoes and Chickpeas, mix into sauce, and cook for another minute
- Serve with Garlic Naan Bread!
So get yourself down to the shop and purchase your ingredients. Don’t forget to grab your Belicious Masala Spice online so you can enjoy this taste bud sensation!
Do you have a question about this recipe? Or do you want to share your experience cooking it? Comment below!