It seems like an odd combination but let me assure you, it’s not. One of my favourite dishes to cook due to it’s aromatically pleasing preparation and delicious end result.
If you are planning on entertaining and are looking for a dish to impress, this certainly will please a crowd. My personal tip is to commence cooking shortly before their arrival so they too can enjoy the aromas this beautiful dish gives off.
The blending of the mangoes not only adds the sweet side to the dish it gives it a creaminess that’s hard to achieve without the mangoes. My Belicious Masala creates the perfect amount of spice and flavour to accompany the other ingredients into the perfect dish.
So are you ready to get started on a quick and easy dish that will satisfy you right through from prep to dessert? Let’s take a look…
Mango Chicken Curry
- 3 tbsp Belicious Masala
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 red Capsiscum, chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 kg chicken, cubed
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3 mangoes, chopped
- Basmati rice, to serve
Now the fun begins!
- Heat oil in pan, sautee onion
- Add capsicum and cook for 2 minutes
- Add Belicious Masala, ginger and garlic, cook for 2 mins
- Add vinegar, water and chopped mangoes, increase heat and bring to boil
- Lower heat and simmer for 15mins, stiring ocassionally
- Remove from heat and puree. Return to heat
- Add chicken to pan and return to a slow simmer
- Cover pan and cook for 20 minutes or until done
- Stir in coconut cream, cook over low temperature for 2 minutes